- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 8
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 box (10 oz.) Birds Eye Birds Eye® Chopped Spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1¼ cups prepared spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 24 (3-inch) potsticker or wonton wrappers, round or square
- 1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8 cups of a standard size muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Brown beef (or turkey) in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat, breaking meat into small pieces. Remove from heat and stir in spinach, 1 cup spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange one potsticker wrapper in each prepared muffin cup and top with about 2 tablespoons spinach mixture. Lay another wrapper over the filling and top with an additional 2 tablespoons spinach mixture. Place a third wrapper on top and press down gently (muffin cups will be full).
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the remaining spaghetti sauce on each “cupcake.”
- Blend ricotta, Parmesan and egg together in a small bowl until well combined. Spoon into a quart-size resealable plastic bag and gently “squeeze” the mixture toward a corner. With scissors, clip the tip off the corner and pipe 2 tablespoons ricotta on top of each cupcake. (Ricotta may also be dolloped on top of each cupcake).
- Bake until cupcakes are heated through and “frosting” is lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, loosen each cupcake from the pan with a small knife. Carefully lift out with a small spatula and transfer to serving plates. Serve immediately.
Children will enjoy spooning the filling into the muffin cups and will love piping the ricotta “frosting” on top of the cupcakes before baking.