My Mother's Spaghetti with Peas & Corn
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 6
- 1 cup Birds Eye Birds Eye® Baby Sweet Peas
- 1 cup Birds Eye Birds Eye® Sweet Kernel Corn
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/3 cup packed chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- Bring the peas, corn, and 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the vegetables are heated through, about 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add to the vegetables.
- Whisk together the egg yolks, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and heavy cream in a large bowl. Stir in 1/3 cup basil and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the hot spaghetti to the bowl and toss well. Serve hot, sprinkling each serving with additional basil, and passing more Parmesan at the table.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Marcus Samuelsson on behalf of Birds Eye® Vegetables.