Southwest Chicken Quesadilla Stackers
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 6
- 1 bag (12 oz.) Birds Eye Steamfresh® Super Sweet Corn, cooked according to package directions
- ¾ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fully cooked shredded chicken (rotisserie or canned)
- 6 (8-inch) burrito-size whole wheat flour tortillas
- Mild salsa
- Light sour cream
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir 1 cup corn, black beans, 1 cup cheese, 2 tablespoons onion, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, toss chicken, remaining ½ cup cheese, remaining 2 tablespoons onion, remaining ¼ teaspoon garlic powder and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper together.
- Place 2 tortillas on the baking pan. Spread each with the corn mixture, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges. Place another tortilla on top of each stack and spread each with the chicken mixture. Place remaining tortillas on top and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until golden and crispy on top, about 13 to 16 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking.
- Allow quesadillas to cool 5 minutes before cutting each into 6 wedges. Top quesadillas with remaining corn and black beans, salsa, sour cream, diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce, if desired.
Have fun by making a “toppings bar” and allowing children to dress their quesadillas with desired toppings.
Try combining the remaining corn and black beans with the salsa for a different kick!