Spicy Citrus Chicken & Vegetables
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
- 4 teaspoons canola or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups Birds Eye Birds Eye® Pepper Stir-Fry
- 1/2 cup prepared stir-fry sauce
- 4 tablespoons orange juice or water
- 2 teaspoons Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1 bag (10 oz.) Birds Eye Steamfresh® Brown & Wild Rice with Broccoli & Carrots, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts or cashews, crushed
- Heat 3 teaspoons oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, stirring frequently, 6 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet and cook Pepper Stir-Fry vegetables, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until softened and starting to brown.
- Stir in stir-fry sauce, orange juice and chili sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and stir in chicken. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until heated through.
- To serve, arrange chicken and peppers over prepared Brown & Wild Rice with Broccoli & Carrots and sprinkle with nuts.
This recipe is the perfect solution for a last minute weeknight meal. Omit the Asian chili garlic sauce if the family does not like the heat! Serve with a spinach salad and sliced fresh fruit.
For Spicy Citrus Pork & Vegetables, substitute 1 pound boneless pork for chicken.