Twice Baked Yams
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hours
- Serves: 4
- 4 yams
- 1 bag (14.4 oz.) Birds Eye Birds Eye® Broccoli & Cauliflower, thawed
- ½ cup skim or almond milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Pierce yams in several places and place in a baking dish. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove yams from oven and let cool.
- Cut yams in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to sccop out the pulp, leaving a 1/2-inch thick shell. Place pulp in a large bowl and return shells to the baking dish.
- Add the broccoli & cauliflower and milk to the potatoes and mash together.
- Equally divide the potato mixture between the shells. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Allow kids to mash the cooled yams, broccoli and milk together. Or, let kids sprinkle the yams with cheese before you place them back into the oven!