Baked Eggs with Peppers and Breakfast Sausage
10 min prep 20 min cook 30 min total 4 servings
- 6 oz. breakfast sausage, (if links, removed from casing)
- 1/2 bag Birds Eye Recipe Ready Tri Color Pepper & Onion Blend, or Birds Eye Stir-Fry Vegetables Pepper Stir-Fry
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease four 8-ounce ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown sausage over medium heat in nonstick skillet, stirring and breaking up sausage, about 5 minutes. Stir in Tri-color Pepper & Onion Blend and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Evenly divide vegetable mixture between prepared ramekins.
- Gently break one egg into each ramekin and season with salt and pepper. Evenly top each egg with milk and cheese.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until egg white is opaque but yolk is still soft. Garnish parsley and serve.