Baked Ziti Cupcakes
10 min prep 25 min cook 35 min total Makes 12 Cupcakes servings
- 1 bag Birds Eye Steamfresh Selects Sweet Peas, cooked according to package directions
- 2-1/2 cups part skim ricotta cheese, divided
- 1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 8 oz. rotelle or penne, cooked according to package directions
- 12 cupcake liners, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with liners.
- Combine 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese, ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, egg, and marinara sauce in large bowl. Fold in prepared peas and pasta.
- Generously fill pan with pasta mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until almost heated through.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Evenly top each cupcake with cheese “frosting” mixture.
- Broil an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until the “frosting” heats through.