Bread Bowl Vegetable Fish Stew
15 min prep 30 min cook 45 min total 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups seafood or chicken broth
- 2 cups Birds Eye Baby Pea & Vegetable Blend
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, basil or Italian seasonings
- 4 (6-in.) round bread loaves, tops removed and hollowed out*
- 10 Van de Kamp’s or Mrs. Paul’s Crispy Fish Fillets, baked according to package directions and cut into bite-size pieces
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in large saucepot and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until starting to brown. Sprinkle with flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Add broth, Birds Eye® Vegetables, tomatoes and oregano;bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and mixture is thickened. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Evenly divide baked Crispy Fish Fillets in bread bowls. Ladle in hot stew.