5 min prep 15 min cook 20 min total 6 servings
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light cream or milk
- 1 bagBirds Eye Steamfresh Premium Chopped Kale, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon. In same skillet, add 1 olive oil to bacon fat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with flour and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Add cream and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally 2 minutes. Stir in Kale and bacon. Season with salt and pepper.