Game Day Corn & Beef Empanadas
10 min prep 20 min cook 30 min total 26 servings
- 1 box (14.1 oz.) refrigerated pie crusts, (2 crusts)
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning blend
- 2 tsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup Birds Eye Fresh Frozen Select Vegetables Sweet Kernel Corn, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange pie crusts on lightly floured surface. Using a 4-inch round cookie or biscuit cutter, cut into circles. Roll each circle out slightly to make bigger.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet. Add taco seasoning and tomato paste and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Add water, corn and cheese and cook, stirring frequently, until well combined and cheese is melted.
- Place about 1 to 2 teaspoons mixture in center of circles. Fold over dough, pressing firmly with fork to seal edge. Brush each with egg wash.
- Arrange on baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.