Italian Slow Cooker Chicken
15 min prep 0 min cook 15 min total 4 servings
- 1 sweet or hot Italian sausage link, casing removed and chopped (about 3 oz.)
- 1 bag Birds Eye Recipe Ready Tri Color Pepper & Onion Blend
- 1-1/2 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs or legs, skin removed
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 2 tsp. dried Italian herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup red wine or beef broth
- 3/4 cup marinara pasta sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Spray the insert of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scatter the pieces of Italian sausage over bottom of the insert.
- Add Tri Color Pepper & Onion Blend on top of the sausage and then lay the chicken on top of the vegetables. Season the chicken with salt and ground black pepper. Then layer on the garlic, herbs, wine and tomato sauce.
- Cook on High 4 hours or Low 8 hours or until chicken is tender.