Lighter Vegetable Manicotti
20 min prep 40 min cook 60 min total 4 to 6 servings
- 1/4 cup egg substitute or 2 egg whites
- 2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 bagBirds Eye Steamfresh Mixtures Broccoli & Cauliflower, cooked according to package directions
- 1 box manicotti pasta (about 14 pieces), cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup reduced sodium marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine ricotta cheese, egg substitute, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper and broccoli & cauliflower in large bowl. Season with black pepper.
- Carefully and evenly fill cannelloni. Arrange in prepared dish and top with marinara sauce.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil.