Quinoa, Corn and Basil Salad
20 min prep 12 min cook 32 min total 4 to 6 servings
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1-1/4 cups chicken or vegetable stock or broth*
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup loosley packed basil leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. mint leaves, chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bag Birds Eye Steamfresh Premium Gold & White Corn, cooked according to package directions and excess moisture blotted with paper towel*
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- To cook the quinoa: Place the quinoa in a sieve and rinse with cold water.
- Mix quinoa and stock in a large microwave-safe bowl with cover. Microwave on High 10 minutes (cooking time may vary; adjust as needed) Let stand 2 minutes; stir. Quinoa should be tender enough to eat, but with a little “pop” upon biting. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest and olive oil in a small bowl to make the vinaigrette.
- Mix together the quinoa, herbs, tomatoes, corn, and scallions in large serving bowl. Toss with vinaigrette and season to taste with salt and ground black pepper. Allow to stand 30 minutes for flavors to marry before serving.