Sky High Macaroni, Corn & Bacon Pie
10 min prep 25 min cook 35 min total 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (9-inch) frozen deep dish pie crust, baked according to package directions
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups milk or light cream
- 2-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 bag Birds Eye Steamfresh Selects Super Sweet Corn, cooked according to package directions
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet until crisp. Remove bacon. In same skillet, cook onion in bacon fat, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle with flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in 2 cups cheese, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in elbow macaroni, bacon and corn; toss to coat.
- Turn into pie crust, piling high in the center and pressing down slightly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncover 20 minutes. Garnish, with green onions.