Spicy Skillet Holiday Stuffing
10 min prep 30 min cook 40 min total 6 to 8 servings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. chorizo sausage, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 2 links)
- 1 bag Birds Eye Recipe Ready Tri Color Pepper & Onion Blend
- 4 cups 1-inch cubed Italian bread
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large oven-proof skillet and cook chorizo, stirring occasionally 2 minutes or until golden brown. Add Tri Color Pepper & Onion Blend and cook, stirring 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and start to brown. Stir in bread, broth, salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and thyme.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and bake uncovered 15 minutes or until bread is golden brown and crispy.