Sweet Corn Puppies with Maple Drizzle
15 min prep 20 min cook 35 min total Makes 3 -1/2 dozen servings
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 bag Birds Eye Steamfresh Selects Super Sweet Corn, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Add vegetable oil to a large saucepot (oil should be at least 3-inches high) Heat to 350°F (using a thermometer).
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl blend milk, melted butter and eggs. Gently stir into dry mixture and fold in corn.
- Drop by tablespoons, in batches, into preheated oil and fry 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve warm drizzled with syrup.