Sweet Pea & Vegetable Lasagna
15 min prep 50 min cook 65 min total 8 to 10 servings
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 container (15 oz.) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 bag Birds Eye Deluxe Baby Vegetables Baby Sweet Peas, cooked according to package directions and smashed gently
- 1 box Birds Eye Fresh Frozen Deluxe Vegetables Artichoke Hearts, thawed and chopped
- 1 box Birds Eye Fresh Frozen Select Vegetables Leaf Spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 9 oven-ready lasagna noodles (no boil)
- 2 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat olive oil over medium heat and sprinkle with flour. Cook stirring constantly, 1 minute or until starting to brown. Wisk in milk and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Cook until thickened. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Let cool slightly.
- Blend ricotta cheese, egg, peas and 1 cup mozzarella cheese in medium bowl.
- Spread ½ cup white sauce on bottom of 13 x 9-inch dish. Layer 3 lasagna noodles. Top with ½ cup sauce, then ½ ricotta cheese, ½ artichokes and spinach. Repeat, ending with noodles and 1 cup white sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes or until heated through and bubbling. Uncover and cook 10 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.