White Bean & Kale Soup
10 min prep 20 min cook 30 min total 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp.. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 cups fat fee chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 bag Birds Eye Steamfresh Premium Chopped Kale, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large saucepot and cook onion, 5 minutes or until just starting to brown. Add broth, beans and tomatoes and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes. Add Kale and season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve in bowls garnished with shredded parmesan cheese and serve with crusty Italian or French bread.