Grilled Cheesy Broccoli Pocket with Ham
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
- 1 cup Birds Eye Steamfresh® Broccoli Florets, cooked according to package directions
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Braeburn or other sweet-tart apple, unpeeled, chopped small
- ½ cup (2 oz.) deli-sliced ham, chopped
- 2 whole wheat pita rounds, halved crosswise
- Mayonnaise or mustard (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat a griddle, skillet or panini pan over MEDIUM heat.
- Combine broccoli, cheese, apple and ham in a bowl.
- Gently separate each pita half to form a pocket. If desired, spread mayonnaise or mustard to taste inside the pita pocket.
- Carefully spoon ½ cup of the broccoli mixture into each of the pita halves.
- Brush or wipe the olive oil over the surface of the griddle using a brush or a paper towel. Add the pita halves, tucking in the filling. Grill for 2-4 minutes per side until golden, crisp, and warmed through. Serve immediately.
Kids will have fun mixing the broccoli filling together and tucking it inside the pita pocket.