Sweet Pea & Parmesan Crostini
10 min prep 10 min cook 20 min total 16 crostini servings
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread, thinly sliced (about 16 slices)
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bag Birds Eye Deluxe Baby Vegetables Baby Sweet Peas, cooked according to package directions*
- 1 Tbsp. sour cream or creme fraiche
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon peel
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Arrange bread on baking sheet and brush with half the olive oil. Toast in oven until crispy. While bread is hot, rub with garlic cloves; arrange on platter.
- Combine prepared Baby Sweet Peas, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, sour cream, basil and lemon peel in bowl. With potato masher or 2 forks, lightly mash. Season to taste with salt and feshly ground black pepper.
- Spread pea mixture onto bread slices. Garnish each with shredded Parmesan cheese.