Apple & Whole Grain Stuffed Acorn Squash
10 min prep 40 min cook 50 min total 4 servings
- 1 bag Birds Eye Steamfresh Protein Blends Italian Style, cooked according to package directions
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded*
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange acorn squash halves cut-side down in shallow casserole dish with ½-inch water. Bake 30 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
- Meanwhile in large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and cook onion and apple, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in Italian Blend, cranberries and pine nuts.
- Arrange squash cut side up and evenly fill with Italian Blend mixture and bake an additional 10 minutes.